The director behind Gillette’s controversial new ad is a woman whose past work includes an ode to female genitals and a short film that explores ‘toxic masculinity’ featuring a protagonist whose life crumbles when he becomes addicted to steroids.

The Gillette ad, called ‘We Believe: The Best Men Can Be’, takes aim at bullying and sexual harassment and has been viewed more than four million times on YouTube around the world, although it is only being shown fully in the U.S.

But while it has amassed 85,000 likes, it has also racked up 347,000 dislikes with some of the 98,657 comments below accusing it of being ‘anti-male and anti-white’ and of ‘spreading pure propaganda and indoctrination.’

Kim Gehrig, the director of the new ad, is an Australian mother-of-two who lives in London, England, and has a lengthy history of taking aim at social ills through her work.

Gehrig, who has also produced ads for Uber and Gap, is on the roster of creative agency Somesuch – an LA-based firm, whose founder Sally Campbell has been outspoken about championing women and has called out President Trump on Twitter.

1. Granny

January 18, 2019 at 2:50 am

Told my husband this had to be done by wacked women. Leave our men alone, we real women like our men real. Been married 57 years and wouldn’t trade my husband at 80 for the naddy paddy screwballs that can’t figure out what they are. That goes for women also. Two sexes here women. Men and women, male and female and thank the good Lord above for making us this way. Yes there are bad apples on both sides but most are good and decent. Stop brainwashing our young kids into stuff that they aren’t.

2. Silas Longshot

January 18, 2019 at 3:16 am

My toxic masculine response to the Gillette ad is thus:
    Screw your expensive plastic junk, generating millions of pounds of plastic waste that will lay around for 1000 years.
    I went on Amazon, bought a butterfly safety razor, with blades and case for $22 and 100 extra blades (about 3 years worth for me) for $9. Get a better shave and the razor will last until my grandsons start shaving. Also much better trimming around a beard than your multiblade crap.
    So that’s the end of any more Gillette junk for me.

3. Rocky

January 18, 2019 at 4:41 am

So much for Gillette !

4. Linda

January 18, 2019 at 4:51 am

Deranged leftist lunatics. We shall see if Gillette survives this huge, stupid mistake.

5. Rebecca Holstine

January 18, 2019 at 5:40 am

Glad these fruitcakes weren’t around when I was raising my two sons. I let “boys be boys” and they grew up to be men. My hubby and I have been married for 57 years this past Oct. He has been my rock. He was not my carbon copy, but he complimented me. Yeng and Yang. If I had wanted to marry someone just like me, I would have had to become a lesbian and married a woman. I feel sorry for these two ugly old Bitzhes, and their hate of men. They are missing out on a lot of good times.

6. Al

January 18, 2019 at 6:19 am

Men who support these mentally deranged women are really stupid. Just because these women can’t accept themselves as a woman; it doesn’t mean men should become feminine.

7. RAY SAY

January 18, 2019 at 6:20 am

These aren’t women, they are Man-Hating Freaks

8. Gary Gayon

January 18, 2019 at 1:07 pm

I’m 70 years old. I’m not going to throw away any Gillette products I currently own, but I can guarantee I will not purchase another. They can my toxic male masculinity hind parts. I’m guessing there are plenty of sexual confused, panty wearing, cuckolds out there to maybe keep them in business.

9. Deb

January 18, 2019 at 3:08 pm

A penis on a man a vagina on a woman at birth means a man and a woman. End of story. Leave mother nature alone. I love my masculine husband just the way God made him. Man hating woman are pitiful and pathetic.

10. Milissa

January 18, 2019 at 3:25 pm

Gillette committed corporate suicide. Death by wokeness.