Students Say ‘Trump Quote’ On Immigration Is Super Racist — But Are Shocked When They Discover Comments Were Actually From Obama
Ilhan Omar Responds To ‘Send Her Back’ Chants At Trump Rally
CNN Viewers Are Outraged At What A Black Trump Supporter Said, And They Want To Find Him
WATCH: Omar Compares BDS Movement To Boston Tea Party — Lee Zeldin Nukes Her
‘Send Her Back!’ — Trump Crowd Has Its Own Idea About What To Do With Ilhan Omar
Campus Reform’s Cabot Phillips turned the tables on a group of students who believed that President Donald Trump issued remarks revealing a controversial stance on immigration.
They were surprised when they found out Trump wasn’t the author of the comments.
Philips visited college campuses in order to gauge students’ thoughts on an immigration quote he posed as belonging to Trump — except former President Barack Obama actually made the remarks in 2014.
Phillips said, “Donald Trump announced this past week week that he would be urging ICE and other administration authorities to seek out people living here illegally that have broken the law to deport them.”
“I have a quote here about the deportation of criminal illegal aliens,” he added.
The quote is:
We are a nation of laws. Undocumented workers broke our laws and I believe they must be held accountable. Especially those who may be dangerous. That’s why over the last six years deportations of criminals are up 80 percent and we’re going to keep focusing on threats to our security.
Here are some of the more interesting responses:
- “Uhh, I think that policy comes from a place of white American nationalism.”
- “Donald Trump has embraced this rhetoric of racism and xenophobia — that is not beneficial to our country at all.”
- “This administration has totally not done anything moral.”
- “I think that’s a bad decision ’cause the United States should be open to immigrants.”
Phillips then turned around and told the students, “I’m gonna show you the person that said that quote.”
Here’s how they responded:
- “[Q]uite surprising — I thought it was from Trump.”
- “I didn’t expect it to be Obama.”
- “It just shows the hypocrisy in politics.”
- “I don’t know a ton about Obama’s deportation policies, but I imagine that they were a lot more humane than the ones currently going on.”