Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar responded Thursday to the “send her back” chant aimed at the freshman Congress member by the crowd at President Donald Trump’s rally in North Carolina Wednesday night.

Omar told reporters that Trump is a “fascist” and said he “clearly hates someone like me.”

WATCH:

“The message that he sends is not — is to every single person who shares an identity with me. He’s telling them … that this is not their country. And what we tell them is that this is. They are welcome here. Because what I said on my election night was in Minnesota we don’t just welcome refugees, we send them to Washington,” Omar said.

Members of the crowd at Trump’s rally in Greenville, North Carolina, chanted, “Send her back,” about Omar after Trump brought up comments she made about al-Qaeda. Their chant echoed the language of Trump’s Sunday rant on Twitter likely attacking Omar and three other progressive, female members of Congress.

Some commentators on the right were quick to react to the “send her back” chant.

“Vile. Omar is awful. She is a radical anti-Semite with terrible views. She is also an American citizen and chanting for her deportation based on her exercise of the First Amendment is disgusting,” conservative commentator Ben Shapiro wrote Wednesday on Twitter.

1. JAIME.

July 18, 2019 at 11:05 pm

TRUMP IS RUGHT!

• Dt

July 19, 2019 at 10:28 am

She obviously hates us and America. Enemy is within. This is the new war!!!!!

2. Ellen Whiting

July 18, 2019 at 11:05 pm

Liberals sure can dish it out, but they sure can’t take it.

3. JAIME.

July 18, 2019 at 11:06 pm

RIGHT*

4. carma

July 18, 2019 at 11:10 pm

She has given us plenty of reason to hate her. She is a fraud through and through.

• LM

July 18, 2019 at 11:45 pm

Stupid gauze head wraps are a great idea! When someone you’ve pissed off throws something sharp and heavy at your head you already have it handled.

5. Donna

July 18, 2019 at 11:16 pm

Yet she still continues by saying she will be President Trump’s worst nightmare. She needs to go somewhere, whether that is back to what she was doing before coming to Congress or back to see her kin across the pond.

6. Erich

July 18, 2019 at 11:21 pm

She’s going back. One way or another.

7. John Bloxson Jr.

July 18, 2019 at 11:53 pm

Ilhan Omar is as patriotic as Adolph Hitler toward America he hated us and she Hates us so I will wear that badge with pride because this evil Witch should be on the next boat to Somalia it has nothing to do with Race and everything to do with her hatred of America and Israel send her back she lied and cheated to get here and had lied to win her Seat even breaking the laws to do that.

8. LST

July 18, 2019 at 11:54 pm

She has to wear that diaper on her head to prevent the shit from oozing out of her ears. I wonder how often she bends over to be screwed by a camel. She probably also gargles with camel cum.

• Wilson

July 19, 2019 at 12:27 am

Is that why Joe Camel has herpes now?

9. Bella

July 19, 2019 at 12:52 am

It’s not the President , it’s American voters want her out , she must GO from Congress , how she get there in the first place ?????Who voted for her? Same as she?.??

10. Michael

July 19, 2019 at 1:04 am

Hey Omar, guess what? We all hate you because you’ve proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you hate America. So fuck you! Trump was right, and so were the people at his rally! Get the fuck out and go back to the shithole you came from!

11. Trump 2020

July 19, 2019 at 2:48 am

Do all those MSNBC white people find it easy to side with that cockroach against our President?
    Do they not choke when they look in the mirror in the morning?
    When I was a young boy I used to think tike them, then I grew up.
    I started to look like a middle aged white male after I cut my hair, shaved my face, put on decent respectable clothes, got a job, became respectable and responsible and the minorities hated the sight of me!
    Fuck them! They don’t pay my bills…I DO…and I don’t want to live in poverty or a shythole expecting the government to take money for others for my support.

12. Joe

July 19, 2019 at 4:25 am

I have a batter one, hang her

• Joe

July 19, 2019 at 7:11 am

Thats better, not batter

13. Joe

July 19, 2019 at 7:18 am

Why was she elected?? These dems want to see Trump’s tax files. I have a better idea, investigate the people who run for office better. Why wasn’t she checked out for her tax fraud better. Better get your own house in order before you open your mouth

14. Richard Hullfish Sr.

July 19, 2019 at 8:03 am

He meant go back to the hole you slithered out of. You are a useless piece of shit. You must have been taught about America in a cesspool.

15. MissD

July 19, 2019 at 9:22 am

TRUMP is right ! You black ass ungrateful bitch ! And a majority of America HATES you !!! AND the rest of your squad ! Go back to the crap hole you came from !!!

16. FAST EDDIE

July 19, 2019 at 10:27 am

The truth hurts, doesn’t it, IllHam

17. madge

July 20, 2019 at 2:25 am

she is a natural trouble maker and whiner. Will she grow up?? Doubt it/not earning her salary from what I see. Is there one thing she has done worthwhile since she was elected?