CNN anchor Chris Cuomo defended President Donald Trump’s proposed wall on the U.S.-Mexico border for the second night in a row on Tuesday.

Cuomo, who attended a lunch with the president and other TV anchors Tuesday afternoon, hosted a CNN panel to react to Trump’s national Oval Office address on immigration.

Some of the panelists were less than enthralled by the president’s demand for a wall and his insistence that the border situation is a “crisis,” but Cuomo sprang to Trump’s defense.

“Let’s just get something straight for the audience right now because this is one of those things that’s literally been bothering me — almost ruined my vacation,” Cuomo asserted. “There is a barrier system all along the southern border. They need more.”

“Anybody who does the reporting, anybody who talks to the people down there doing the work — the men and women — they need more of what the president is increasingly describing as his own idea for a bollard fence,” Cuomo said.

A bollard fence also refers to steel slats, which Trump has increasingly embraced at the request of Border Patrol agents and as a compromise to Democrats. Cuomo also noted that Democrats agreed to finance something similar in the past.

CNN analyst Gloria Borger chimed in with a Democratic talking point, arguing that Democrats believe a wall is “not necessary because there are other ways to attack the problem that are better.”

“But is that true?” Cuomo shot back. “Who says that a barrier isn’t helpful?”

Cuomo previously defended the president’s calls for a border wall on Monday night during a debate with colleague Don Lemon.

“Wanting barriers along the border is not propaganda. It’s not immoral. It’s not wrong,” Cuomo said Monday.

WATCH (Starts at 24:37):

1. Brian

January 10, 2019 at 1:58 am

while Cuomos crazed brother pardons criminals…

• Creola

January 10, 2019 at 6:11 am

If you cannot add to the discussion, do not add.

2. Brian

January 10, 2019 at 2:01 am

Borger and Pelosi and all their ilk keep saying there is a better way but never define and describe what that “way” is.

• John Bloxson Jr.

January 10, 2019 at 2:24 am

Yes they do just let them all come in we will gladly add their votes into our programs so we can bilk honest American Citizens out of their hard earned Money.

• Richard R. Pope

January 10, 2019 at 3:26 am

. . . . Of course they don’t say what it is. The communists aka democrats want a completely open border and no immigration control at all. It is the only way that they can take over the government short of a shooting civil war. I am afraid that this is coming. As more and more cities and states are conquered by the communists and the Federal Government fails to protect us from these creatures we will probably be forced to take up arms to protect the Constitution. I hope not but I think that this will be necessary.
      . . . . I am a retired Auto Technician that is living on Social Security Disability. I also served in the AF but my disability is not service connected. I am trying to raise the money for me to be able to move back to Texas. I was born there. I am concerned that I may not be able to survive another Wisconsin winter. Here is the link to my GoFundMe page. Please help me out.
      America: Love it or Leave it!
      GOD Bless and GOD Help us,
      rich!

• MICHAEL A ALBACH

January 16, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Quit using EVERY discussion on every media to get $$$$$$$ !!
        No one is saying it but cut the shit !! Ive probably see your “fund me ” crap on every posting! Stick with the posts discussion or dont post , and drop the money grabbing “fund me ” crap !!!!!
        Im from texas , live in NY can’t afford shit , yet alone move south , and live on SSD……just like THOUSANDS of others . ENUF !!!!

3. Polly

January 10, 2019 at 2:05 am

Smart man.May more will come to see the light soon

4. ANNE FARRELLY

January 10, 2019 at 2:12 am

Can a Lib really be “woke?”

• Shari Early

January 10, 2019 at 5:23 am

Apparently! I am truly shocked to see it happening.

5. cj

January 10, 2019 at 2:14 am

What happened? Did someone finally slap him hard enough to shake his brain around to the common sense side? I’m amazed!!!

• Grace Joy

January 10, 2019 at 3:14 am

Yeah, what happened? The guy’s usually a complete idiot. I don’t quite truth this from him.

• Matt

January 10, 2019 at 1:52 pm

It looks as if someone he knows and who he trusts and who has knowledge of the border situation told him over the vacation the truth of the matter and why a border wall is required.

• Vinnie

January 10, 2019 at 3:44 am

What happened is that Cuomo sees his and CNN’s ratings in the sub-basement and he is shrewd enough to jump on Trump’s plan to hopefully rescue himself. Ain’t happening though, because liberals have an uncurable mental illness.

• madge

January 10, 2019 at 3:54 pm

what may have happened is Jesus removed the plaque from his eye and he can clearly see now the mess CNN has created.

6. Michael A Heath Sr.

January 10, 2019 at 2:18 am

Everyone but Cuomo is WRONG here, and very ignorant about this issue !!!

7. neo

January 10, 2019 at 2:23 am

All the hair brained libtards need to take up residence 100 yards from the border and live there for a year without a wall or armed body guards….THEN ask them if a wall is needed…I bet they would be singing a different tune then…how about it big mouths?

• Diana

January 10, 2019 at 4:14 am

I don’t think they would last 24 hours.

• Blkojo

January 10, 2019 at 4:17 am

Hare.

8. Bonnie

January 10, 2019 at 2:30 am

NP and CS and most of CNN do more hearing and less listening to what Trump is trying to share what is happening and then CNN twists what is really being said and the reality to be their own emotional and attitudes against Trump because I just heard this woman say Trump didn’t say much. She hears words that she liked to twist the reality at the borders. Problem is they want to fill American that Trump is evil and when they think they their bullying for the last 2 years are working with the American people, especially by coming out with the “fact check” and ended up seeing the fact check was showing more truth to what Trump was saying than what he said – i.e. like women being raped. Yet these people don’t come out and say they were wrong but bury the truth. Sick people!! The Democrats want all their abortions free and at any stage, UN getting more money and getting rid of guys from the good guys when they know they can never control the evil criminals!

9. ERIC

January 10, 2019 at 2:34 am

That woman on the far left there is a f’ing moron! As is Jim Acost-YA! CNN: Communist “news” Network” Should be CPN: Communist Propaganda Network.

10. Carol Bowers

January 10, 2019 at 2:35 am

Lived in El Paso TX from 1997 to 1993 and hell yes wall is needed, and ability to lock and load if necessary, they come across and steal, rape and murder and birth their babies and want all the freebies and we are dumb enough to give it to hem, so like roaches they keep coming.

• W. Younger

January 10, 2019 at 3:27 am

I lived in El Paso 40 years and it is so overrun and devastated by illegals that it is filthy. I lived outside the city limits and the Mexicans used the desert as a dump. It was so bad you could no longer drive or ride horses through it. We caught dumpers ( Mexicans) and when we confronted them, one told me (in spanish), “I don’t care, it’s not my country.” That’s the attitude. If you don’t speak Spanish you have trouble finding work.It is the only city I ever lived in where signs in the public bathrooms state to “throw used toilet tissue in the toilet” because Mexicans throw it on the floor, since they have predominantly septic systems in mexico. The big joke, sadly, in El Paso is “will the last American to leave please remember to bring the flag?” I guarantee once they cross the border they disappear and then the problem belongs to you and I.

11. Raymond A Martucci

January 10, 2019 at 2:58 am

At least one of the Cuomo have a brain his brother the governor of new York is the dumb one I see. To the journalist on cnn who have problems with the border walls maybe you should take down the ones in your homes and since they are immoral. Ever person on this planet has wall to keep others from coming into their homes what is so hard for these journalist to understand. Chris Cuomo your brother Andrew needs a few lessons

12. Stan C.

January 10, 2019 at 3:06 am

You have got to be kidding me!!!!! They CNN brings their WH correspondent Jim Acosta in for an unbiased assessment of the President’s delivery? You people are simply Fuc*ed UP! You have so lost the average American. This weekend I had lunch with several people who are retired “Union” workers. All seven of them admitted to voting a Republican ticket this last election. I am not kidding you. I was simply astonished. They all commented in various manners as to how they completely distrusted the media, and were empathetic to the President. They all agreed that he is given no credit for anything that he does, or has accomplished. Each one of them were able to elude to several positive attributes to the Nation and economy that the President is responsible for. The main stream media is o out of touch.

13. Beverly

January 10, 2019 at 3:18 am

All vistors are Hispanic talking about the WALL. CNN good grief

14. Skillet56

January 10, 2019 at 3:56 am

Ironic that Acosta could make a statement such as Hazardous Warning to the truth with a straight face.

15. Proud vet

January 10, 2019 at 6:13 am

There was a big wheel who work for the FBI and work for the border agency, said tonight the Democrats and the media are lying through their teeth they do not what the American people to know how really bad it is on that line and they are deceiving the American people terribly .

16. DJ

January 10, 2019 at 6:27 am

I would never trust Cuomo no matter what he said. He is and always has been a Democrat and very deceiving !!!!!

• Linda

January 10, 2019 at 7:45 am

I agree. Something doesn’t seem right about all of his stance change.

• richard smith

January 12, 2019 at 8:20 pm

“Something stinks in Denmark” when someone for CNN agrees with our President

17. madge

January 10, 2019 at 6:29 am

I suppose we’ll be seeing him on Fox News before long. Good for him to speak out the truth, Rare thing with most news shows and their reporters, hosts.

18. JEFF

January 10, 2019 at 9:01 am

Taking ranchers land my ass, talk to the ranchers. The border isn’t some thin line that private property abuts to, minimal private property would be needed and many would gladly donate it for security.

19. Joe

January 10, 2019 at 12:21 pm

Yes there is a better way. Kill them if they try to come into the country illegally

20. Rick

January 10, 2019 at 12:38 pm

How do drones stop illegals from crossing in the US ?? They wont stop anything just notify you..
    Then its up to border security to stop them if they have enough manpower.

21. Mark Terzano

January 10, 2019 at 1:06 pm

Flip floppers

22. Mike Graybeal

January 10, 2019 at 2:27 pm

CNN and Jim Acosta are an Abomination and need to go away..

23. Frank Campo

January 10, 2019 at 3:12 pm

Wow, a reasonable person on CNN. Maybe their are cracks in the liberal facade.

24. Shelba J. Holmes

January 10, 2019 at 4:21 pm

Of course, a wall works. It really does not take a very bright person to understand that. The fact that walls work has already been proven. This whole thing is about ugly politics. The wall should have been built decades by the morons in Congress. If they had done their jobs 40 years ago President Trump would not have to be dealing with the issue. I hope he doesn’t give into them for one second.

25. Joseph Patarino

January 10, 2019 at 6:26 pm

I would instead of a wall lay thousands of land mines & signs stating that fact. We would save billions & the problem will be solved once & for all!!

26. Betty

January 10, 2019 at 10:54 pm

Makes me wonder how long it will be before CNN will fire him for agreeing with anything Trump says.

27. Pnut67

January 11, 2019 at 4:45 am

These people screaming that “walls don’t work, so we don’t need them!” need to rremember one thing in our world’s history, no, sorry…2 things:
    Great China Wall….ancient history to present day, built to keep invading Mongolian hordes from invading China….it worked, next up is:
    Berlin Wall: Berlin Germany, 1946-1989, it worked as well, just ask any Berliner that had to live on the Eastern side of that wall for decades.
    Case closed.

• arif

January 11, 2019 at 5:52 am

WHAT ABOUT PRISON WALLS ??? ONLY A HANDFUL ESCAPE BUT FOR THE MOST PART WALLS ARE A MUST ESPECIALLY DEALING WITH A FAILED STATE

28. Sandra

January 14, 2019 at 4:55 am

More cable and news commentators need to come out and speak the truth like Cuomo did, then maybe the tide will turn.